Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Patrick Swayze :)

I've never seen him in any movie other than Dirty Dancing, but I watched it enough times to feel a pang in my heart when he died three and a half years ago.

From my perspective, it would be easiest to appeal to people who felt the way I did when I saw him as Johnny Castle.

We were mesmerized that someone who came from the wrong side of the tracks could be so talented, caring, and responsible when he didn't need to be. I felt like Johnny was Swayze's true persona.

It may be difficult for me to distinguish between a movie review and Swayze as an actor, because he really brought it to life for me. So I plan to bring in facts about his accomplishments and his personal life, not merely his filmography. I do plan to research his personality off-screen, as well as how others interpreted his acting in films I haven't seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment